SPECIFIC NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 TO VOLUNTEERS
The novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 is a great concern for us all. In particular, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) states that based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. More information about who may be at higher risk may be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html. If you have any questions about whether you should participate in the Tournament, please contact an appropriate health care provider.
While the Tournament has undertaken a number of measures to help mitigate the risk transmission of COVID-19 and other contagious illnesses, elimination of risk of exposure and infection to COVID-19 is not currently possible. Therefore, we understand if you cannot or do not wish to participate this year and hope that we can count on your participation in the future should circumstances change. Whether you are able to join us again this year or in the future, we appreciate you being part of the PGA TOUR volunteer family.
Should you choose to participate in the Tournament, you must follow all safety measures implemented by the Tournament with respect to COVID-19. In particular, you may be required to do the following:
- Submit to screening for symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html including temperature checks on a regular basis;
- Submit to possible COVID-19 testing to the extent required by the Tournament;
- Maintain social distancing (staying at least 6 feet - about 2 arms’ length - from other people) whenever possible;
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol including the hand sanitizer provided by the Tournament as often as possible;
- Wear personal protective equipment such as facecloths or masks that meet CDC guidelines, such as those that may be provided to you by the Tournament, in such circumstances when directed by the Tournament;
- Use sanitizing and disinfecting wipes provided by the Tournament as directed by the Tournament; and
- Practice “Safer at Home” behaviors when not at tournament during tournament week including social distancing whenever possible, avoiding unnecessary trips and unnecessary interactions, and wearing masks whenever social distancing is not possible.
Further information about the requirements for each Tournament will be provided once volunteer assignments have been made.
We greatly appreciate your interest in volunteering at the Tournament and know that you share our concern for the safety of all participants at the Tournament. Working together, we are confident we can make this Tournament a success for the local community.